Saturday, August 30, 2014

Gray and White Striped Tee

This is a very basic tee except for the fabric.  I created that the same way I made my navy and white striped jacket fabric last year.  First I cut long strips, selvage to selvage, from gray and white, and then I stitched the strips together to make a new striped fabric before cutting out the tee shirt pattern pieces (careful to match colors across sleeves and front to back) and stitching them up.
 I used a darker gray top-stitching on each edge of the gray stripes for a little extra pizzazz.
 This was a pretty easy project, but it makes a statement.  My husband said "Wow!" which isn't usually the reaction for a knit top.  :-)  I've gotten compliments from friends also.  I think it's a combination of the obvious craftsmanship (different fabrics, not a printed stripe) and the fact that this is completely "my style."  Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, made your own fabric! Awesome result! Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It felt like it was going to take forever, sewing all of those long strips together, but was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)