Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Market Bag from Handmade Style by Anna Graham (Noodlehead)

I got the book Handmade Style for Christmas.  I am finally getting around to making something from it!  This is the Market Bag.

I think the lifestyle sell is that you take this to your local farmer's market to gather up fresh produce, but there will be no dirty organic carrots in my pretty white bag, thank you very much.



The quilting lines kind of took forever, but don't they look pretty?  The leather handles are a really nice touch.  I got mine from Tandy Leather.online and in the process found out there is a brick and mortar store less than a half hour from my home, so that's good to know for the future!

I was stressed about sewing on the handles, but it wasn't bad at all.  I tried with thick upholstery thread, but there were skipped stitches.  Regular thread and a leather needle worked best.

I got the woodland fabrics at a little quilting shop near my mom's house.  I had seen these fabrics before and really loved the colors and cute little animals.  They would make an awesome quilt for an outdoorsy kid.  I have enough left for another small project, maybe a smaller bag.  The tonal white fabric has been in my stash forever, and I am so happy to use it up.

There is one little interior pocket.

It's perfect for essentials for a day of shopping, or...

 for holding your stitch markers if you use the bag to hold the world's largest sweater project.

...



7 comments:

  1. Lovely bag! The handles really complete it perfectly. I have this book and need to make more from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely make something from the book. It was such a fun project. I'm trying to decide what to make next.

      Delete
  2. I love it! Your quilting lines are so straight! I am with you on the dirty carrots...carrying a knitting project seems much more sensible! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just used the edge of my presser foot as a guide to keep things straight and moved the needle over to get 3/8" spacing.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. :-) Thanks! I am contemplating a dozen more. Maybe something a bit more sensible that isn't white!

      Delete
  4. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    betpark giriş
    CBXJU

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)